Scotty McCreery – Five More Minutes (Official Video)

Views:82572151|Rating:4.69|View Time:4:28Minutes|Likes:249224|Dislikes:16544
Scotty McCreery-Five More Minutes:
Buy on iTunes:
Listen on Spotify:
Listen on Amazon Music:
Listen on Tidal:

Official Website:
Like Scotty McCreery on Facebook:
Follow Scotty McCreery on Twitter:
Follow Scotty McCreery on Instagram:

Eight years old a couple cane poles sitting down by the creek
Our lines in the water watching those bobbers seeing that red sun sink
Mama’s on the porch yelling “supper’s hot, y’all come and get it!”
We yelled five more minutes

At sixteen it was twelve o three standing at her front door
Katie’s dad said midnight, but we needed just a little more
Yellow light flipping on and off, interrupting that goodnight kissing,
We wanted five more minutes

Time rolls by the clock don’t stop
I wish I had a few more drops
Of the good stuff, the good times
Oh but they just keep on flying
Right on by like it ain’t nothing
Wish I had me a pause button
Moments like those Lord knows I’d hit it
And give myself five more minutes

At eighteen turned my helmet in and walked to the fifty-yard line
Just the coach and me after we lost eighteen to nine
And I cried man next time to get in here I’ll have to buy a ticket
Can’t you give me five more minutes

Time rolls by the clock don’t stop
I wish I had a few more drops
Of the good stuff, the good times
Oh but they just keep on flying
Right on by like it ain’t nothing
Wish I had me a pause button
Moments like those Lord knows I’d hit it
And give myself five more minutes

At eighty-six my grandpa said there’s angels in the room
All the family gathered ’round knew the time was coming soon
With so much left to say I prayed Lord I ain’t finished
Just give us five more minutes

Time rolls by the clock don’t stop
I wish I had a few more drops
Of the good stuff, the good times
Oh but they just keep on flying
Right on by like it ain’t nothing
Wish I had me a pause button
Moments like those Lord knows I’d hit it
Yeah sometimes this old life will leave you wishing
That you had five more minutes

Five more minutes

1. Hunter Harpet says:

This reminds me of my papaw he is so nice he is 72 almost 73 I just don't want him to die

2. Kyisha Bartlett says:

i love this song just get me five more min

3. Michael Valan says:

Today @ 1.11.2018 My Grandfather passed away at 11:11 am. While I was away. I never got to say Good bye. I miss him dearly. Now his soul is in peace. I miss you Grandpa. I hope you're proud of me for stepping up. While you're watching Down from heaven.

4. Kelly Lawson says:

2019 anyone?❣

5. Lyndsey Sharp says:

2019?

6. Troll SM Pros says:

i cant watch this i get too sad my uncle died when this song was on

7. Troll SM Pros says:

good for ur husband

8. Rebel Provost says:

Man I love this song.

9. Dakota Prince says:

Makes me cry every time

10. Tetep Wargiana says:

Adam young?

11. Emily S says:

I can't listen to this song without crying or thinking about my grandpa who passed away in May. Makes you want to go back and be a kid again hangout out with your grandparents

12. unicorns suck not they rock says:

this song makes me sad about my dad he left at 4 months old

13. jayden steel says:

Watching in 2019 like

14. Wilmer Longcrow says:

I love this song n makes me miss my grandpa who taught me how to pitch..I wish i had 5 more minutes with him..

15. Sunflowers Are Awesome says:

I'm not a big country fan but I have been a fan of Scotty McCreery since American Idol. His voice is like butter, silky n smooth. This song is beautiful. The lyrics transcend musical genres. It touches, pulls the heart strings of folks from all walks of life, mine included. I missed out on having a relationship with my Grandfather. Sadly, he was an old school German racist. He disowned my Mother when I was born. If he had just given me five minutes, he would've seen that my tan skin didn't stop me from being a good, kindhearted person because Momma had taught me to always be kind, respectful, and non judgemental. I'm 50 yrs old now and I still think about this. This song really got me emotional. I would've loved to had 5 minutes.

16. Resumen MLB says:

2019?

17. Aaron Beau says:

Best song I've heard in a while. Well done.

18. Jae Vance says:

Watching in 2019! #nevergetsold

19. Matt Russell says:

That's really weird the date of the last home video in this movie. Is the day my grandpa passed away June 23 1997

20. Sue Carruthers says:

I lost one grandfather when I was 8 years old and the other one when I was in my 20s. they both showed me things even though my family wasn't close. sue carruthers

21. Katie Johnson says:

I love this song and every Time me and my family listen to this song my family look at me and just smile bc I my name is Katie

22. Lisa Benjamin says:

Back in 2000 I lost my Dad, the next year my mom passed away from cancer and 10 months later I lost my lil sister to a lung disease. It's been 18 years now, but what I wouldn't give for just 5 more minutes with each of them. Some wounds time can't heal completely, you never stop missing the ones who loved and knew you back when….5 min. isn't very much time, but its better than not seeing their faces or hearing their laughter for 18 yrs. So, cherish every moment you have with those you love!

23. alexander munsell says:

I wish I had five more minutes with my papa. That man was tougher then nails. Things he told me were solid gold but then i thought they were just words. Thanksgiving 2008 was when my family's world came down. We found out he had 72 tumors all over his body. And massive one in is brain. I was 7 months pregnant I couldn't be at the hospital with him. It killed me inside. I wanted to be there. Over the next few months we thought he was getting better. January 23 2009 my daughter was born. I never thought that day would be the last time I would hear his voice telling me I'm proud of the woman you have become as he kissed my forehead. Next day he took a turn for worst. February 20 2009 he left us and I wanted more time with him. I wanted my kids to know how great of a man he was. I'd give anything to have 5 more mins of one 9f his bear hugs.

24. T M Rossi says:

For my father who lost his life trying to save me from some bad people.

25. Anna Roman says: